Dynon Comm Radio

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The GTN does not accept external tuning commands so we can't tune it.

loanguy

I love flying!
so I have the full cha cha ( duel sky's Etc.)
with a GTN 650. and PS engineering BT8000/

can I use you radio? what go I need?

Thanks

Jeff

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you have at least one SkyView display, you can use the SV-COM-C25 (assuming you're in the US).

so I have the full cha cha ( duel sky's Etc.)
with a GTN 650. and PS engineering BT8000/

can I use you radio? what go I need?

Thanks

Jeff   

KA4HRE

I love flying!
Are the dimensions of remote unit found on your website with a drawing date of 4/18/2013 finalized?  Our radio is one order and we're ready to install the support brackets!  The control panel looks AWESOME!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yep, 25 kHz spacing, non-TSO'd. Europe doesn't like the former, and some other countries don't like the latter, even if they're 25 kHz. So really we should've said (assuming you can use a 25 kHz, non-TSO'd radio) :)

southtarnation

I love flying! Wiring, ...not so much.
Been looking all over but I cant find where Dynon says the comm and xcom units will be ready to ship/ take orders...

I found a refrence in the VAF forums that the units will be "available in June".

southtarnation

I love flying! Wiring, ...not so much.
...and also will you be releasing the wiring installation as an update to to sv installation manual and will it be updated/released ahead of the actual units being released?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Good news dropping tomorrow! Make sure you're signed up for our newsletter on our homepage if you're not already!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Our development team has made liars out of us marketeers. We claimed June, but it's still May, and SkyView 6.0 is available NOW at http://downloads.dynonavionics.com.

All documentation for the update, as well as for the COM and Intercom is available at http://docs.dynonavionics.com.

Note that the Intercom and Radio don't go on sale until Monday, June 3. If you're signed up for the customer newsletter, you'll be getting some additional details shortly.

rv8innc

I love flying!
Will a simple wiring harness for the SV-COM-C25 and intercomm be available for plug and play with skyview?

alpinestar

I'm an admitted electronics dummy... Having trouble deciphering the wiring diagram for the com radio (specifically pins 1,2,5,9 and 10... the shielded wire bits..). To compound matters, I'm using the Sigtronics S-200s intercom I've had on hand for some time now... supposedly, the sigtronics intercoms do away with the need for sheilding to begin with!  I could really use a cartoon to show exactly how this is best done! I'm confused by the pinout table descriptions vs the diagram when it comes to what is shielded and what is not... pins 1 & 10 appear to be shielded but the descriptions make me think that only a single conductor sheilded wire in needed...  Pin 9 is apparently jumped to pin 2, plus has the shield from pin 10 and is also connected to intercom ground? Help!!  I'm sure it's super simple, but it's giving me fits!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Indeed, we're having some lead time issues issues. Here's the current "official" status - If you have one one order from us or send in an order, you'll get a note similar to the below:

We have received a tremendous number of orders for the radio, surpassing even our most optimistic forecasts. At the same time, we have experienced a delay in our production process which prevents us from shipping units immediately to either individuals or dealers.

Currently, our best estimate is that we will begin shipping COM Radios in the next couple of weeks. That timeframe may shift forward or backward, but we are working extremely hard to finalize production and get radios into our customers' hands as soon as possible.

We are continuing to accept orders during this delay and once we start shipping the radios, we will fill orders in the same sequence they were received. For domestic orders, credit cards are never charged until the day your product is shipped. For international orders, if you have already transmitted your wire payment, the amount will be credited to your account, and your order will be shipped as soon as the item(s) are available.

Out of fairness we will be sticking strictly to the shipping sequence mentioned above. Once we start shipping we should be able to catch up quickly and return to our same day shipping policy as soon as possible. You will receive an e-mail confirmation on the day your order is shipped.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unexpected delay. We greatly appreciate your business and your commitment to Dynon products.

purlee

I love flying!
I am sure that the database for the radio will be, like most Dynon product, awesome, if you are in the US of A.

Is there going to be an "International" version of the radio with a "Worldwide" datbase, or perhaps downloadable radio frequency databases, (similar to the way you implement the downloadable international mapping feature)?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The radio uses whatever database is already inside SkyView for your maps. There's no additional download or cost. So you can use Jeppesen or PocketFMS data if you are not in the USA and this will provide you with full mapping data as well as radio data.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We're working hard on it. We just sent out an update via our newsletter. Here's the content of that communication:

----

It’s been a few weeks since the June 3rd introduction of the SV-COM-C25 SkyView COM Radio, but as you may know, it’s not shipping yet. We wanted to take an opportunity to provide an update on what’s happening behind the scenes here at Dynon.

Just before the anticipated ship date of the COM radio, final testing discovered an issue that affects transmission quality in some circumstances. We are working nonstop to fully understand the issue, but the bottom line is that we’re unwilling to ship products that don’t meet our highest standards.

At this time, we don’t have a precise ship date for the COM radio. We hope it to be within the next few weeks. However, with our investigation still active we can’t say that with 100% confidence. Therefore, we will not accept additional orders for the SV-COM-C25 until we have found and fixed the root cause of this issue and have a firm release date. Customer and dealer orders received thus far will remain on file. As is always our policy, no payments will be processed until we have product ready to ship out the door.

We know that this delay will keep some of you from completing your panel as soon as you’d hoped to, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during this delay. Please know that we’re doing everything we can to ship a Dynon-quality product as soon as we possibly can.