Dynon hdx to a HUD.

Brent Dana

I am trying to put A hud on my dash. Would like it to project the info from my dynon display? Anybody know which pin or wire would allow me to do this? Does it need to originate out of the adahrs, or the hdx, or the D10a? There has to be a simple way, as i know there are video capabilities in the system? Maybe a wire from each so i could choose which to see. Really l want heading, altitude and , and turn direction.

uvaplane

Good question! Bump! Hoping Dynon will shed light, as I had the same thought.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't a video output from SkyView, but, some HUDs may be able to take the Dynon ADAHARS serial data from one of SkyView's configurable serial ports and create a display based on that. That compatibility would happen on the HUD manufacturer's side, though.

ty1295

One of our local hangar bums has done just this with a dynon panel, and a hud using a rasberry pi as a controller from the serial data.

I believe he even made his efforts public.

N21HV

I love flying!
I have experimented with the concept by taking the serial out from HDX into RaspberryPi and produce symbology that shows flight conditions. This proof of concept shows the live code running on Pi receiving the "playback" of actual HDX flight in my airplane in real time. This was in 2018. I have not found a satisfactory light engine I was willing to put in my airplane so I shelved the project. The "frame rate" is a bit on the slow side since it is entirely dependent on HDX's RS-232 streaming but it felt definitely doable. If I come up with a reasonable light engine, I will pick it back up.
WP_20180903_19_22_23_Pro.jpg

fastfred58

I am trying to put A hud on my dash. Would like it to project the info from my dynon display? Anybody know which pin or wire would allow me to do this? Does it need to originate out of the adahrs, or the hdx, or the D10a? There has to be a simple way, as i know there are video capabilities in the system? Maybe a wire from each so i could choose which to see. Really l want heading, altitude and , and turn direction.
Did you have any luck with this?

mrbizi

I have experimented with the concept by taking the serial out from HDX into RaspberryPi and produce symbology that shows flight conditions. This proof of concept shows the live code running on Pi receiving the "playback" of actual HDX flight in my airplane in real time. This was in 2018. I have not found a satisfactory light engine I was willing to put in my airplane so I shelved the project. The "frame rate" is a bit on the slow side since it is entirely dependent on HDX's RS-232 streaming but it felt definitely doable. If I come up with a reasonable light engine, I will pick it back up.View attachment 4178
I had a relationship with a portable HUD manufacturer. I don’t know how to code so I needed some help from a coder but I have similar vision. If I could get the data out of ForeFlight / stratux or HDX, then it could work. I wanted to build an OEM relationship and sell them. any chance we could partner on it?

Rhino

Can't use this?

Brent Dana

I am sure you can. What will it cost to have you make me one that works. Because everything in that link might as well be written in Russia to me?

vlittle

Not a true HUD, but it keeps your head up. From huvver.tech, Originallyy developed as an OnSpeed display, now a complete set of flight and engine instruments. My new build has 8 of them, including two glareshield displays, one as a tailBeaconX controller, and the other 5 displaying flight or engine data.

Vern

1682867155632.jpeg