Dynon Heated Pitot Tube

gteldp71i0

Dynon, i have just purchased the above can you advise me please, looking at the pointy end of the pitot which hole is the pitot intake, is it the hole at the end or is it the hole on the 45 degree slant at the pointy end.
The reason i ask this is my take on which should be the pitot inlet differs from what your installation manual states when blowing thro from the pointy end and feeling the air at the tube ends??

skysailor

The opening pointing directly forward is the pitot. The opening one the slant is the angle of attack.

gteldp71i0

Skysailer thats what i thought it was, yet when i blow thro that port on the pitot, air comes out the rear tube upright of the two which completly contradicts the Dynon installation manual which quotes " tube closest to snout is pitot" which made me doubt myself

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Skysailer thats what i thought it was, yet when i blow thro that port on the pitot, air comes out the rear tube upright of the two which completly contradicts the Dynon installation manual which quotes " tube closest to snout is pitot" which made me doubt myself

There are a few out there that made it out into the field with the lines reversed in the orientation that they leave the potting compound. We've since improved our procedures so that they're always in the "correct" front/back order as stated in the manual. We don't consider this a defect, as the tubes still work correctly pneumatically - their exit points from the tube are just reversed. Note that there is no difference in reliability or functionality here.

gteldp71i0

Thanks Dynon did not think it would have made any difference to functionality but could have been a banana skin if one did not check as this is a retrofit, imagine carrying out the installation beleiving the manual DOH :'(

stewarth

I love flying!
Phew! that was close..... I nearly went to the doctor to have my tablets changed!!!! ;D
Thankfully I checked here first. Imagine the fun calibrating the
AoA....