Dynon indicates bus voltage when master switch turned off.....

Kevin D

I think everything is OK just looking for confirmation. Dynon Skyview HDX
When shutting down aircraft and system, engine off, all electrical off, master off.
I press the button that says stay on, assuming the Dynon Skyview is now operating on backup battery.
There is an indication that the bus voltage is generally between 2.8 vdc and 3.5 vdc.
Confirmed by independent volt meter.
When I shutdown the Dynon, button 1, the bus voltage goes to 0.0 vdc. Confirmed by volt meter.

Is this normal and is the Skyview powering the bus to keep sensors alive?

Kevin D

Rhino

The backup battery will power the Skyview, plus any components that get their power from the Skyview, and that's likely what you're seeing.

Last edited:

jessesaint

This is probably some residual/leak-through voltage with no amperage available. If you connected a small DC ight bulb to the bus and ground it would likely pull that voltage down. The Dynon backup battery doesn't power the bus in any way. It powers the screen, ADAHRS, Magnetometer, ARINC Adapter, Knob Panel, AP Panel, Engine Monitor Module and the GPS-250/2020. Those are all either through the SV Network except the GPS, which is powered from the main connector for power, ground and RS232. The red wire (I think pin 1) from the 37-pin connector on the Engine Monitor Module is where it reads its bus voltage. If that is connected somewhere that has some low voltage, that is what it would read.

RandomSquawk

I think everything is OK just looking for confirmation. Dynon Skyview HDX
When shutting down aircraft and system, engine off, all electrical off, master off.
I press the button that says stay on, assuming the Dynon Skyview is now operating on backup battery.
There is an indication that the bus voltage is generally between 2.8 vdc and 3.5 vdc.
Confirmed by independent volt meter.
When I shutdown the Dynon, button 1, the bus voltage goes to 0.0 vdc. Confirmed by volt meter.

Is this normal and is the Skyview powering the bus to keep sensors alive?

Kevin D
This bugs me too. I've often wondered if this represents useful voltage/current, or if it's just leakage that a 100kOhm pull-down would resolve.

Kevin D

Thanks,

I am monitoring and behavior is consistent and does not have any known downsides at the moment.

Kevin