Dynon Skyview HDX 10 HD shuts down in flight

CptBalou

My Dynon Skyview HDX 10HD has now been flying about 8 hours since it was installed.
Here in Germany I am running the Jepp database which has already been updated twice.
During approximately every 2nd flight the system shuts down (black screen) and reboots )
Already send 5 diagnostic files to the Dynon support team .
They asked me to remove the USB flash drive from the system during flight.
I did as requested however still the same issue exists.

Not nice to loose the whole display on a single screen set up. Still good a backup from the competitor which never failed.

owenssonex

Sorry you are having this issue. It is a stretch, but have you tried reducing the data log collection rate? The data log should roll over when it gets to a certain size. Just a guess based on it happening every other flight. My next concern would be possible overheating?
Jim

Rhino

Known issue.

CptBalou

Sorry you are having this issue. It is a stretch, but have you tried reducing the data log collection rate? The data log should roll over when it gets to a certain size. Just a guess based on it happening every other flight. My next concern would be possible overheating?
Jim
Thx for your input, I will give it a try. Overheating at this time of the year should be very unlikely. Dynon support team suggested to the the wifi dongle out. Will try that as well once I am back .

CptBalou

Known issue.
Yes I saw that. Dynon seems to be working on this issue.