Dynon USR Export utility. Where is it?

haleyranch

I would appreciate if someone could tell me where to find that file on Dynon website. I need to fly in the wilderness to a lat/long in 2 hours to help a friend and I can't locate the file.

I sure wish I had gone with Garmin. :'(

MEH

rocclobster

Try here:

http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/DynonUSRExportSetup.msi

I tried to attach the file here but received an error. it may be too large to attach to a post.

haleyranch

Thank you so much! I found the link a year ago but new computer and I was going nuts to find it again.

MEH

Jamie

Could you please tell me how it worked out for you, as Im having problems getting mine to work on two PCs new downloaded google earth and Dynon USR export utility. I was not able to get an XP machine, only windows 7 64bit.
Follow our progress here
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1315172519

haleyranch

Hi Jamie,

It did not worked well at all. I could not get it to load the way point I needed, but it managed to erase all the other user way points I had on my Skyview. Bottom line the Skyview is everything but good for navigation. The maps are useless and the fact you can't even enter user points from Skyview display and manage them makes it useless for that purpose. After delaying my trip 4 hours, I navigated 350nm to a set of lat/longs with my iPad equipped with a bad elf and Foreflight. Found the campsite and was able to deliver the goods. Extremely disappointed with my SV.

bignose

Hello Haleyranch,
DS just sent me an Email, saying that they are working on the fault and should have a fix for us in ver 3.2  :)

Looks like Dynon removed it from the Skyview download page, can't find it anymore.

I thrust 100% Dynon Avionics, it will be a question of time untill they launch a very fine waypoint mode.

This Google Earth method was an anacronic improvisation anyway, I even suspect it could eventualy be a sorce of other kind of bugs.

By the way, for non US customers, with the map licensed and the Jeppesen subscription, the system works flawless.

ILACIR

Why I did not buy a MGL ODYSSEY?
It is already complete, no ... Improvisation
My friend bought it and is very very happy ...
I´m very frustrated

splitty

Why I did not buy a MGL ODYSSEY?
It is already complete, no ... Improvisation
My friend bought it and is very very happy ...
I´m very frustrated
Im Sure you have brought a much Better & Much better Supported System in buying the Dynon Systems..! Not knocking MGL but there support base is Very Small ( One man band..so to speak..!) :(

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just an FYI: The next version of software will allow you to navigate to a known lat/long (not via a user waypoint, but via a cursor, which has a lat/long display).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Lat/long is displayed when the cursor is being moved, so you can use that to hone in on coords. There isn't a way to actually numerically type in lat/long, though.