Dynon's product return policy

steved

I purchased roll and pitch servos, including mounting brackets, on July 2, 2009 for installation into a new RV-9A, I am starting to build. I decided to eliminate the A/P on August 12, and called Dynon to return the 'still-in-the-box' servos. I was told I was a few days past the 30 day return period. Thus, the full refund would now be reduced by $330 due to your return policy. Are there any future changes to replace company policy with customer satisfaction?

RobertHamilton

Staff member
Steve, We try to be liberal in our policies. Please give me a call and we can discuss.
Thanks, Robert. (Robert Hamilton, Sales and Marketing Manager.)

DBRV10

Steve,

I am not surprised at all, I have a returns policy which I am not getting tougher on as I find more customers use and abuse the privillege.....and I doubt your situation is anything like that, but from a business owners perspective, returns are very costly processes and often if not in "perfect shape" they can not be sold again as new stock unless repackaged etc.

My first thought is......Install them....best $1500 you will have spent on your RV.

Second thought is....you could probably sell them on the VAF site, and save the trouble.

But I would really question why you would not use them.

DB

Pitufo

Steve:

By all means ... INSTALL THE SERVOS !!!

You have them already, and installation isn't that difficult.
This Auto Pilot works just GREAT, you'll be amazed.

I made a trip to Oshkosh and back last month (more than 3,500 miles).
90% of that time I navigated using the AP and, believe me, I congratulated myself many, many times for installing the AP.

I mean, you have a glass panel and all you need to have an AP is buy a couple of servos!!!

The AP followed my Garmin 396 just perfectly and held altitude in a +/- 20 ft range (in still air).
I even simulated IFR and selected RNAV approaches, which the autopilot followed perfectly (not Vertical Navigation, but Lateral it certainly did).

David Brown says in the preceding post:
"... best $1500 you will have spent on your RV"
I couldn't agree more.

My humble opinion.

steved

I want to thank everyone for their input. It's wonderful to be part of a close-knit community, where people are willing to share their experiences and knowledge. I also wish to thank Robert Hamilton at Dynon for his understanding, and allowing me to return the servos for a complete refund. There is no doubt that Dynon is a class act and they make great products. As a first-time builder, I want to build the "perfect airplane", like everyone else. I also know I need to spend a lot more time researching products and deciding what I want from this airplane once the wheels no longer touch the ground.
Thanks, again, for your help.
SteveD. :)