EDC not detected d10a

lyates

Just downloaded new 2.4.3 with firmware included...now get no edc detected and OAT not detected either....was using version 12 and everything fine but thought I might as well get the new stuff.......
like an idiot I did not backup and now can't get back to where I was. EDC is connected when I start upgrade but very soon after it starts it says no edc detected but continues to up grade...

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like the EDC did not get upgraded. The EDC should still be there, at least for the first few minutes of power up, but perhaps intermittently.

Are you seeing no EDC at all?

lyates

tried re-uploading 3 times and then on second attempt got bright red strip ...no EDC which was differnt...on third attempt it found edc...but now has no OAT
also on upload got 9 error
SPKT regarding chip 4 from chip 1...
and one regarding chip 5 from chip 1..

Once I got it loaded I saved it but kept getting messages as it was being saved.
Turned it off and Tried to upload again and got the same 10 error messages and still no OAT.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So currently - after multiple upgrade attempts - the EDC is now working, but the OAT is not. Is that correct?

If so, let's first confirm that the EDC is actually providing the heading information, and not the EFIS-D10A's internal sensors. If you move a headset around the EFIS unit and the heading deflects, then the internal sensors, and not the remote magnetometer, are active.

Next, use the support program to check the firmware versions on both the EFIS and EDC, using the support program's "detect firmware version" option. What versions does the program report?

lyates

headset test moves heading when close to edc....firmware says version 2.17

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can you copy down and post what the support program reports verbatim when you "detect firmware version"? If the EDC is connected, it should report a serial number and version for it. If not, it should report that it's not detected.

lyates

Exact Message : "EFIS-D10A v2.17.00 (serial #4004)"
"EDC-10A v1.05.00 (serial #4152)".

lyates

Thought I would close out this saga...
Since nobody at Dynon got back to me...decided to change OAT probe, it worked

pitt

performed newest update (2.19)but accidentally had no EDC connected when updating!!!

result :no OAT message and no EDC recognized by EFIS (compass test)

how can i manage to get the EDC back working with the EFIS (D10A)

thanks
peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Peter,

Doing a firmware update again with the EDC connected should fix it. You may need to try a few times in order to get it to update, but it should work.

pitt

did update 5 times,
still no joy! each time again "no OAT" and " no EDC".
(will check wiring once more)

peter http://dynonavionics.com/public_html/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif
Grin
;D

pitt

checked wiring again: found short circuit in dataline A between efis and magnetometer.
after repair and another update edc+oat all fine !

thanks
peter