EFIS claims VPX "not licensed"

Mark Buchanan

I have a full Dynon suite with two D1000, coupled with GTN 650, PSE 5000 and VPX. Flew off Phase 1 with extraordinary results. I updated recently with the latest update and all of a sudden I can no longer see VPX on my EFIS. I went into System Setup and the VPX is 'shaded' and states that it is "not licensed." I connected the VPX Configurator via ethernet to the computer and could see all settings, but could not get my EFIS to 'see' VPX. Wiring does not seem to be the issue as it functioned beautifully for over 40 hours...so it seems a software issue. Any thoughts?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, were both screens on? Email me with the serial numbers of the screens and I can get you the license code

Mark Buchanan

Yes sir; both screens were on. The S/Ns for the screens are 6093 and 7874. The next trick will be to understand how/where to input the VPX license code because I know I cannot do it in the "System Setup" screen. Much obliged for the help, Don!

Mark Buchanan

Don, do you have what you need? Neither screen is 'original' as they were swapped out under warranty with Dynon, but both have been functioning properly until this little mishap. I have 'grounded' the plane until I can get it resolved because I would have no way of clearing a fault in the VPX. Again, much obliged for the help! Mark

cbennet12

Hi Mark,

Did you email the S/N's as well as post them here? Although Dynon monitors the forums regularly, email is more effective if time is of the essence.

Good luck!