EFIS D10A interface with 296C

clemair

I have an EFIS D10A and remote compass and remote OAT probe. Can someone assist in plain english how I can interface this with a Garmin 296C so that I can obtain winds aloft information.
Regards
Clemair

Mel

I just finished doing this. The blue wire from the 296 harness (port 1 out) connects to pin 3 of the D10A db9 connector that is used to update the EFIS. Since this wire must be disconnected when updating the EFIS, I simply crimped a male pin onto the wire and plugged it into the db9 connector. BTW, the 296 must be grounded to the airframe. If you are running the GPS on ship's power, it should already be grounded.
Don't forget, you must also go into the Garmin set-up menu and change it to NMEA in/out.

clemair

Thank you Mel, mine is plugged into a cig outlet via the supplied power cable. Do you find that it works as accurate as they say it does?
Clemair

Mel

I can't comment on accuracy yet. I haven't been able to fly. I've been swamped with E-LSA inspections lately and haven't had time to get the airplane back together. But all the information shows up correctly on the Dynon.