EFIS Not Detected

petehowell

Hello,

I got the D-10A installed to day to go with my EMS-d10.  When I power up, I can see the EMS on the EFIS, but when I try to see the EFIS on the EMS, I get "EFIS not Detected" :-[.     I do have the serial cables connected by a Null Modem, but the units act the same with the serial cables connected or not.  

I am sure I am missing something basic.   Thanks for your help.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A couple of things: Check the pinout on both the serial cables (if you've updated the firmware on both units, it's correct).

Also, make sure that both units are running the latest firmware. If the units weren't purchased together, one is probably running newer firmware than the other, and therefore they're not speaking the same language.

petehowell

Thanks for the reply.  Does this mean the EFIS to EMS link is over the serial conn and and the EMS to EFIS is over the DSAB?

I'll try to upgrade the software on the EFIS, I know the EMS serial link works.  I just had the EFIS upgraded from a d10 to a D10A - would I have received the latest software from the factory?  

Thanks for your help!

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's correct about the DSAB and serial connections. Over the firmware update or two, all of the communication will be migrating to DSAB though.

If the EFIS left here within the last few months, it would indeed have the latest firmware version. You can double check that by going to SETUP | VRSION and comparing your EFIS firmware version to the latest available on our software downloads page.

petehowell

Yep - it was something simple. One of the dsub sockets had slipped out of the EMS shell and was not making contact. Fixed that up and BINGO - EFIS and EMS on any screen you want. Got the EDC hooked up too. Get things buttoned up and I will have a flight report soon.

Thanks for the help!

Pete