EGT error

JCmmpt

Since my last flight I´ve no correct readings in all of EGT probes. With cold engine, readings is 95º F, local air temp, same on CHT. Starting the engine, the readings go up to 603 and stop there. All the connections looks pretty new. My RV-9A, has 80h the in hobbs. First flight in June, 24th. Dynon D-100 and Dynon D-120. What can I do to solve this problem?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hmm. That's a truly odd problem.

First, do your CHT's look OK? They go up to 350-450 and seem to work?

Second, is this problem new, or have you had it since your first flight?

Finally, any work under the cowl since the last flight where they worked? Any battery or other avionics changes?

JCmmpt

CHT, temps, , rpm, fuel flow, all of them works perfectly, except for EGT´s. The four of them stop by 593 to 603 ºF. There is no maintenance job. The plane didn´t fly for 2 weeks. It started easily and I notice the EGT problem. The CHT´s ( four) sta around 310-353ºF. You know, living in Brasil is very difficult for us to send an equipment to USA, ( that´s why I´m very worried about it.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

I seem to remember seeing something like this when I installed my EMS. IIRC, it turned out to be a loose connector on the back of the unit - I hadn't yet tightened the screws, or maybe even plugged in the wiring harness for the EGT's.

You might want to check for something as simple as a loose connector.

JCmmpt

The connector behind the EMS-120 is a 25 pin, for CHT and EGT. I´ll check it tomorrow, since here in Brasil is 19:43 h. May be one side is a little bit loose and a misreading could occur . Thanks. Any other suggestions?