Electronics International Differential Voltage Pressure senders

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I'm updating my aircraft with a full Dynon suite. I've been running EI engine instruments for years and they have been bullet proof. But, I don't have room for both the EI instruments and the Dynon screen, (two place tandum aircraft). So, I'm trying to reuse the EI sensors. I've found out that EI presure sensors are 4 wire differential voltage. I would like to know if Skyview supports these sensor types. They use the following wires,

RedPower
BlackGround
WhiteVoltage 1 value
GreenVoltage 2 val

DBRV10

Trust me here.........BUY the full set from Dynon and DO NOT try to use any existing ones. most are not interchangeable although the FT-60 fuel flow is.

And yes I have just removed another set of EI sensors this week...........just in case you did not believe me :)

sven.jerlhagen

These are probably bridge sensors which produce a small differential voltage. It may be possible to connect power to +5V and the voltage outputs to a thermocouple input, but you would need to make your own sensor definition and have calibration equipment, so it is definitely easier to just buy the dynon sensors. I have successfully connected westach oil presure sensor this way.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Generally, supported third-party engine sensors include ones that are semi-universal. These include type J and K thermocouples for CHTs and EGTs, respectively, and fuel flow sensors that have "k-factors" (like EI and Floscan). The good news is that those are the bulk of the cost, if you have those already.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
Well, as flying season approaches, I decided to make my life easy and replaced my Fuel, Oil pressure and Oil temp. Everything looks to be working and I'm anticipating first engine start in 2 weeks.

Thank you all for your comments.