EMS 120 connecting to Rotec elecronic ignition

bdirdal

I have bought Rotec electronic ignition for my Jabiru 2200 and by connecting the lead (tachometer output) from ignition to my EMS nothing happens, anybody familiar with this problem?
Would it be possible to connect the orginal mag. pickup standard Jabiru to the EMS? :)

Regards
Borge

jakej

Borge

I haven't had to use the tach output from the Rotec however I just connected the Dynon rpm wire directly to one of the alternator wires (using a 1 amp fuse of course).  if there are some rpm instability problems then add a 10 KoHm resistor in series to that wire.

HTH

Jake J

bdirdal

Borge

I haven't had to use the tach output from the Rotec however I just connected the Dynon rpm wire directly to one of the alternator wires (using a 1 amp fuse of course).  if there are some rpm instability problems then add a 10 KoHm resistor in series to that wire.

HTH

Jake J

bdirdal

I have tried to connect via alternator but had problem with the charge light not working with this setup, i therefor connect to the magneto. There is an output from the Rotec electronic ignition giving 5v but the EMS does not read this signal. I have installed an 30kohm resiston to this lead and that might be to mutch.
:)

jakej

I have tried to connect via alternator but had problem with the charge light not working with this setup, i therefor connect to the magneto. There is an output from the Rotec electronic ignition giving 5v but the EMS does not read this signal. I have installed an 30kohm resiston to this lead and that might be to mutch.
:)

Did you connect to one of the white alternator wires before the regulator ?

Jake J