EMS 120 "locked"

marc.dahlet

Hello,
EMS 120 lights up and gets locked on the blue startup screen. Is it possible to "Reset"?
Pushing any button is unefficient....
(I apologize for my bad language (I am French)
Blue skyes

R_Glick

Beta Tester
Marc,

What does the unit do when you remove the power then put power back on? Does it go back to a Blue screen or do nothing at all?

If it doesn't boot at all and you have Keep alive (KA) hooked up, try removing the KA by removing the fuse or breaker. Then try booting the unit again.

Rick

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Though it shouldn't matter ultimately whether KA is connected, DO recycle all power by simply pulling the 37 pin connector off the back, putting it back on, then applying power. If that doesn't fix it, we'll need to take a look at the unit.

marc.dahlet

we have pulled the 37 pin connector off the back, then, whe have been putting it back on, and then applying power. It didn't fix it....
Do You think it would have been interesting to try applying power BEFORE having putting the 37 pin connector back on ?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Not sure what you mean. The 37 pin connector carries the power.

marc.dahlet

There are two connectors on the back : one larger than the other. I thought that the smaller carried the power and that the larger was what you call the 37 pin connector. Anyway, we pulled the 2 connectors off the back. No result : EMS 120 lights up and gets locked on the blue startup screen with Dynon Avionics logo

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
On the EMS, the 25 pin connector is only the CHTs and EGTs. The 37 pin is power, serial, and all the other sensors. Anyway, it sounds like we'll need to have a look at your unit here. Give us a call at 425-402-0433, and ask for tech support.

marc.dahlet

Hello,
the unit was sent from France yesterday by TNT. It is the company FINESSE-MAX(Oberhausbergen), which was responsible for the ship. When you will have repaired the unit, could you tell me what was the problem ?
Thanks
Best regards
Marc

marc.dahlet

Normally, you have received the EMS 120 for repair. Do You think it is possible to save the data (especially petrol gauge calibrations) before complete reset ?
Best regards
Marc

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do this routinely when possible, but there are cases where the nature of the failure prohibit this. Generally, if the unit is not turning on, we won't be able to recover the settings. If you call (425-402-0433) or email technical support (support@dynonavionics) with your RMA number, we can give you some additional status on your particular unit.