EMS CYCLING

gteldp71i0

Hello Dynon its back again. Had a flight through the week in moderate sunshine and my EMS screen started cycling ie on/off several times in flight until i turned onto a new heading out of direct sunlight.
To recap as suggested by you i have disconnected all switches and fuses and wired this unit direct to eliminate these as being at fault.
Its fact that once the EMS screen is heated by sunlight there is something overheating be it the screen or circuits within the unit itself causing on/off????

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That's a bit bizarre, but it's not impossible that there's some temperature sensitivity there that you shouldn't be experiencing. It sounds like your unit has been back here, though, already, and we weren't able to reproduce the issue, judging from your previous posts (although I can't find your past RMA to verify that). Can you give our support team a call or email directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com?

Also, have you done anything to try to improve cooling of the unit behind the panel?

kenny_d

I love flying!
The job of getting this problem fixed has now been passed to me , I believe this unit has been sent back to dynon under warranty but they could not find a fault , but the problem still exists , I now have a video of this fault in mid air , It is a over heating problem , I have swapped the unit over with a fellow flyers dynon and the problem now happens in his sportcruiser , So the problem is with the unit !! , Any ideas where we go from here ? yours , Kenny Dickson :-[

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hi Kenny - it would still be best for you to get in touch with our technical support team directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.