EMS-D120 Warning lamp output

simon.clifton

Hi

I am wiring an orange incandescant lamp into my panel so the D120 can warn me of engine conditions outside set limits.

Does the D120 briefly drive this lamp on power-up to prove that the lamp is operating properly, or do I need to arrange for a 'push-to-test' instead?

Thanks

Simon
~~~~~

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It does not. But, there's a test in the setup menu. Or, hook up a pushbutton switch to a contact input, and set it to alarm when closed. Then you can get an alarm on demand.

simon.clifton

Good idea, I'll wire a switch - although I may have to compromise on the inputs as I had them all allocated for other jobs.

Thanks

Simon
~~~~~

Alfio

Just a thought ...  you may consider placing your test switch paralell to one of your inputs. Input would go trigger an alarm when test switch is momentarily activated (say, shorted to ground), otherwise it would monitor your sensor input.

Alfio

GigG

Would there be any negative to running a couple of other warning lights that don't have anything to do with the EMS run through that same test swtich so all the light could be checked with a single push?

PilotKris

Would there be any negative to running a couple of other warning lights that don't have anything to do with the EMS run through that same test swtich so all the light could be checked with a single push?

You'll need to put isolator diodes on each line so that they all don't illuminate when only one should.

Also, they would all have to be "pull-to-ground" (switched ground not power). For instance, you can't put a "fuel pump on" light on the same test switch as "low oil press"...

PilotKris

Simn_Smith

Assuming you have setup your alarms etc the light will light up on power up as you will (should!) have no oil px when the engine is stopped.