EMS Data Logging

WestCoastOz

The new EMS DL feature in V3.0 is great! I have just downloaded and printed out the engine log of my last flight however notice that all the data is presented in Imperial units. Is it possible to change this to Metric as this is what I have selected for the EMS display?

Regards

Dave

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Have you published the syntax, commands, or the scheema for retrieveing this data out the serial port?

Unfortunately, this is something we're unable to do at this time. The method for extracting data from the an EMS is similar to the method we use for loading/backing up our products. See this thread for some reasons why we cannot accommodate these types of requests currently.

Is there a way you can change your program to parse the .csv file that our support program outputs?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The format is documented in the help file of version 3.0.0 of the support program. For real test data, the best thing to do at the moment if you have an EMS, would probably be to simply log some data and then pull it off using the support program. If you need a sample from us, we'll try to post it sometime this week.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Waiter,

See the attached file for a sample of some data logged from the EMS-D120 on my desk. The columns are all labeled appropriately. You'll notice that we currently log all EMS values as well as any alerts that are triggered. The "Record Type" column header tells you whether you're looking at an actual value ("EMS") or alert notification ("Alerts").

As mentioned, more documentation can be found in the help file for the Dynon Support Program.

Attachments

• EMS-D120_datalog.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 173

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can the logged data be converted to non-imperial units?

Unfortunately, not right now. I've added your request to our list for future evaluation.