EMS Display Brightness

N

Nic Hart(Guest)

I have just installed the Dynon sportspak with the EMS and EFIS.

Whilst the D10a EFIS immediately comes up to full brightness on power on, my EMS takes up to 10-15 minutes.

This means that it is extremely difficult to see the oil pressure and other important readings when the aircraft is first started.

After a while the brightness suddenly increaseas to normal and the unit operates properly.

Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year, Nic

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Nic,
This probelm in the EMS only occurs at cold temperatures and is solved in our latest firmware for the EMS. Please update to the latest firmware and see if it still does it. If this does not fix it, please let us know.

skyhi

Thanks for the technical help from Mike at Dynon - I have now loaded the latest version of firmware to my EMS and the result is increased brightness right from power on. Rgds, Nic

Thomas_Schaad

If an EFIS and an EMS are connected trough the DSAB, does it slave the dim-funtion? Or in other words, if I change the brightness on one screen, does it adapt the other one simultaneously? And if the answer is "NO" could this function be added at a later software upgrade?

Thanks for response and safe flying,

Thomas ;-)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Everything about DSAB is currently in the works, so unfortunately there is no concrete answer to your question just yet.

bobmarkert

Will the superbright screen make it to the EMS D10 ?  I will install both a D-100 and a D-10 in my RV8 and am hoping that the screens will look identical at 800 nits.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There are no current plans to offer a brighter screen on the EFIS-D10A or EMS-D10.

bicyclops

There are no current plans to offer a brighter screen on the EFIS-D10A or EMS-D10.

That's a bummer. I want to use a D100 and EMS D10 and they both want to be bright. I currently have a D10 in an RV and it is not bright enough when the sun is right on it.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke

lgingell

Just following up on the 'Is the dim/bright slaved with DSAB'....seems like it would be good if that were the case, AND you could specify one of the EMS inputs that aren't being used for something else as the brightness. That would then allow external control of the EMS dimmer AND onto the EFIS.

And then offer a photocell accessory to connect to it :)
..lance