EMS only screen available

jrv

I love flying!
Hi,
I am in the install phase, and all has been going well.
I have had all skyview components working fine. Today when I turned the skyview on the EMS page comes up full screen, and I am unable to select any other pages, eg MAP or PFD.
I can not access any functions of the VPX or transponder either.
Power off & back on with the same results.
Network config shows all components like normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

jrv

I love flying!
Further to above, I have investigated a little further.
If I go into the setup menu and change PFD,MAP & EMS to always on at boot up, then all 3 come up.

But I can still not change / deselect via the normal layout bottom, then press MAP or PFD.
It seems like button 4 & 5 have stopped working!
I doubt this is the case, sure I have done something, but I have no idea what.

Thanks

Jason

mmarien

Murray M.
Check the settings "Screen Layout Setup" on page 4-24 of the Installation Manual. Some settings disable the SCREEN buttons to force the relevant display to be always ON. or OFF.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I think Mmarien is on the right track. In the setup menu, do you have them set to "NOT ALLOWED"? This will block them.

Another possibility: With the PFD shown, is the PFD active, or just a red X? We hide the PFD if you don't have an AHRS in the plane.

The only thing that should hide the transponder and VPX is a lack of them being configured in the serial port menu (or no license for the VPX). It almost sounds like your whole system had the configuration reset. Did you load a config file recently by any chance?

jrv

I love flying!
Hi,

Problem now is buttons 4 & 5 not working

Thanks for the replies.

I have refined the problem to now being just button's 4 & 5 not working.
I was confused before that I could not turn the pfd or map screens on or off after pressing the screen button, so thought it was that I was only able to display EMS screen. Using the setup menu, I set all 3 screens to on at boot up, so now I have all 3 screens available after boot.

What I have now is all 3 screens available, but no functions on buttons 4 or 5 working.

In any situation i can get to what ever function on button 4 or 5 is not available.
ie. transponder button press does nothing ( yes 1200 is showing in top bar etc, but I can not gain access to change squawk etc)
VPX button press does nothing.

And after pressing screen button, I can not turn off/on the 2 screens that are changed with buttons 4 & 5.

In answer to above questions. Yes Adhars is installed and working, PFD all looks normal.
Yes transponder is installed and working
Yes VPX is working.

No I have not loaded a config file recently.

I had everything operating normally, I went away for a week, come back and turn it on again and this issue presents itself. I have been using these buttons until now.

Thanks

Jason

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Do you see the same thing in say the PFD and MAP menus? Are their buttons 4 and 5 not working (assuming that there are valid, not gray text buttons underneath them). If that's the case, then we'll need to see you SkyView display at Dynon for repair, unfortunately.

jrv

I love flying!
buttons 3, 4 & 5 not working

Yes,

I have checked PFD & MAP page, actually every page and button 3,4 & 5 have all stopped working.

I have sent a pm, waiting for response.

Thanks

Jason