EMS RPM

tomirlbeck

I love flying!
Just hooking up EMS. What do I hook up for a light speed system, 2 Electronics, to get RPM?

Bear

skysailor

Bear, the later Lightspeed units have an output for you. It sends pulses of about 10 volt amplitude which the Dynon will use quite nicely. No need for the resistors, those are only for the P leads of magnetos. The very early Lightspeeds put out much less voltage on these pins and needed to be modified which Klaus would do for you but those have not been made for many years now. The pins to use on the Lightspeed are located on the output connector. Look in the installation instructions. I can get you the pin numbers from mine if you like.

ZK-LCM

Skysailor

Are you sure that the lightspeed output connector is the correct one?  Its just that my Lightspeed Plasma II manual shows the signal to digital tach as coming from the INPUT connector Pin 6, 10V, 0.3ms per pulse.

My Plasma II manual shows the output connector as being Pin 10 as being for analog tachometers.

Am I missing something?
Graham

skysailor

Graham,

I am on the road at the moment but will consult my documentation to confirm the correct connector and pins. Shoot me a PM if you will to remind me. Home this weekend.