EMS screen rejects EFIS (interconnection problem)

ultralight

JIHLAVAN airplanes, s.r.o.
Dear colleagues,

We have some problems with the installation of EFIS D100 and EMS D120. We have several times installed these instruments, but we are for the first time installing the interconnection between them. We are following the official manual. However, the screen of D120 can be displayed on the D100 screen but NOT vice versa (D100 screens on D120 instrument). Therefore, I suppose our wiring interconnection is OK. BUT, the D120 is displaying: "EFIS not detected" although I can see this option in the Screens menu of EMS D120.

D100 software version is: 1.08
D120 software version is: 1.07

Both are brand new bright screens delivered last month. Can anyone help? (Pictures available on wish).

Thanks!

petehowell

Re: EMS screen rejects EFIS (interconnection probl

Just had this same problem. Make sure the serial comm cables are connected with a null modem and that the connections are good. I had a d-sub socket that had pulled back out of the conncetor on the EMS cable.

The EFIS screens on the EMS don't go over the DSAB yet, so the serial connection is critical.

Support told me to make sure software is at the latest version on each box, too.

Good luck,

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

As Pete said, it looks like you may not have the serial ports connected (with the null modem cable).

ultralight

JIHLAVAN airplanes, s.r.o.

Yes, the problem was in null modem cable. We have made the interconnection by our self-made cable and it works. Thanks for help!

The only question is, why is the cable not a part of the package? Or is it possible to order it separately? Price?