EMS sfg file mismatch

pgtuck

Recent massage came up on skyview. EMS SFG file mismatch. Anyone know what this is? Thanks in ad!

swatson999

From the User's Manual (emphasis added):

If you have more than oneSkyView display, and the SkyView Sensor Definitions file on each display is different from one another, a Warning message will be displayed:EMS SFG FILE MISMATCH

fastfred58

From the User's Manual (emphasis added):
Ok I get that part but why did it all of a sudden show up ? The only thing different we did on a rotax is unhook the exhaust sensors temporarily with the master offer then hook them back up prior to powering it? Both sides are reading fine. I also get a adshrs miss match in flight once in a while? that is a real pain in the butt.
Normally I do not need to load up date files on both panels but this one does need to be loaded on separately?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
The reason this happens is when you go to update the FAA Aviation and Obstacle data bases by downloading the full SkyView software update instead of just the databases. If you then load that on one screen, the databases get updated on both screens, but the sensor file is also loaded on the screen you just loaded the software update to and it does NOT sync the sensor definitions file to the other screen. The way to avoid this from happening is to download the databases from here: https://dynonavionics.com/us-aviation-obstacle-data.php
Instead of downloading the full software update package.

fastfred58

The reason this happens is when you go to update the FAA Aviation and Obstacle data bases by downloading the full SkyView software update instead of just the databases. If you then load that on one screen, the databases get updated on both screens, but the sensor file is also loaded on the screen you just loaded the software update to and it does NOT sync the sensor definitions file to the other screen. The way to avoid this from happening is to download the databases from here: https://dynonavionics.com/us-aviation-obstacle-data.php
Instead of downloading the full software update package.
Ok good to know but what should do now load the full update on both to start with? Maybe that is why I get the ADAHRS mis match once in a while?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The obstacle database is included in the FAA data.

But yes, you can download the whole software package, but you do need to load it to both screens. If you have ethernet connected, which allows the databases to sync, you only need the aviation/obstacle database download. It's a lot smaller download, and quicker too.