EMS WARNINGs and CAUTIONs

dragonflyhkg

Just trying to work out how the EMS differentiates the display and alert of WARNING's and CAUTION's. (There are a couple of related posts, however the information is not complete)

On the cover of the current EMS-D10  Pilots’ User Guide, (Rev G, Firmware 5.3), the MAIN Page image shows 3 parameters being displayed as CAUTION's; i.e. amber/yellow backgrounds surrounding the digital values and analogue markers in the amber/yellow range.

Further into the Guide, (Pages 3.1, 3.5 & 4.2), The MAIN page image shows a single parameter being displayed as a WARNING; i.e. red background surrounding the digital value and analogue marker in the red range.

Within Section 5, Alerts, the Guide appears to only outline the handling of WARNINGs. There's no mention of the CAUTION conditions observed above.

The ability to differentiate between WARNING’s and CAUTION’s at time critical stages of flight, (e.g.; take-off roll, before/after decision points, etc), has a direct bearing on the safety of aircraft operation.

How does the EMS differentiate these two conditions for aural alerts associated with the visual displays observed above?

Is it possible to drive two independent external visual displays; i.e. a Master WARNING and a Master CAUTION, based on the parameter values that trigger an alert?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Basically, yellow conditions aren't annunciated othr than on the gauge face and its textual information. Red conditions can (per the per-gauge setting) alarm, which will do a few things at once: pop the big red bar on the screen, pop an audio alert (if connected), and close the external light contact that you can connect to an external panel light.

dragonflyhkg

OK, that clarifies the situation.

Request;
I'd like future firmware to be able to also provide ALERT functions for CAUTION conditions with the possibility to drive two independent external visual displays; i.e. a Master WARNING and a Master CAUTION, based on the parameter values that trigger an alert.