Engine area CFG? Red X BAR

TRCsmith

Any ideas where I may find this Red x bar and fix it?? In flight It shows "MPG/ 24" with the red x still there.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90

Rhino

Do you have MPG configured?

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
It seems as if there are multiple red X's stacked , maybe multiple defined items? It includes something with a reference to P24/25

jnmeade

SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SCREEN LAYOUT EDITOR
Then you can select them and move them so they are separate and you can determine better what you're working with, I think. Not an expert.

tniel7331

Any ideas where I may find this Red x bar and fix it?? In flight It shows "MPG/ 24" with the red x still there.
Whatever you have in EMS pins 24-25 is not working. If nothing is on these pins select it and remove it

tniel7331

Aren't pins 24/25 the Ammeter Shunt?
They should be, but I didn't install it. So even if it's wired backwards it should still be reading just negative instead of positive. Also I believe it is already pre-setup in Dynon correctly. There are some that differ from wiring diagram and settings. Someone has messed with it I've done 8-12 installs and it's always vertical and not X'd out.

swatson999

Well, why not just go into the setup menus and configure it the way you want? While you're at it, check to see if it's *actually* installed, wired and configured correctly.

Without more information, all we can do is give you a list of generic troubleshooting techniques...

TRCsmith

Right now the plane is on the ramp. The airport taxiways pavement is removed, so if I wanted to use my hanger I cannot fly the plane it would be stuck in the hanger. I don't really want to work on it while on the ramp but fly. First week in June our hangers ramps should be usable.

rjones560

Go to the EMS screen editor for the mode you are in (100%, 50% or bottom band) and start looking at instruments that are listed that are not displayed properly. If in doubt go into edit and move a few until you find the one you are looking at. You probably have something displayed that isn’t actually wired to something and it is displayed right on top of something else.

TRCsmith

Go to the EMS screen editor for the mode you are in (100%, 50% or bottom band) and start looking at instruments that are listed that are not displayed properly. If in doubt go into edit and move a few until you find the one you are looking at. You probably have something displayed that isn’t actually wired to something and it is displayed right on top of something else.
I will do that, thank you.