Erratic Airspeed - Dynon HDX

Bob_Redman

G'day Joe,

On 31 May 21 I sent my 7 inch Skyview Classic from regional Australia to Dynon using the Australian postal service. Dynon receive the parcel on 10 June, repaired and shipped it 15 June. I received it on 18 June, fixed, installed and working. I expected to pay for the fix, but there was no charge for repair, or return freight. I remain a very happy Dynon customer. I hope that your experience is similar.

Regards,

Bob Redman

FoesFlyDennis

My experience is that they turn things around quickly. More time has been sent shipping than in their shop. I haven't had to send in anything for a couple of years though, and now they are full speed ahead on certified installs, so perhaps things have changed. I know they've hired others, so I'd call their support and ask about it.
PilotMelch, I am impressed with your tact, patience and humility. You demonstrated ability to filter through insignificant minutia and draw relevant, actionable conclusions. I wish you could always be at my hangar when I need help with troubleshooting an issue. Furthermore, if I post an issue on this forum some day, in need of help, I hope you notice and have time to contribute. We benefit greatly from men with your technical skills, and especially so, when you also have the human qualities necessary for (at least trying to) get(ting) through to some who aren't at your technical level. Every comment you contributed here was accurate and relevant. Thank you.

FoesFlyDennis

If zero pressure calibration didn't help, AND you've checked for water (that can definitely do it), then we'd probably want to look at your ADAHRS.
Thank you Dynon, for contributing to the forum. Maybe I was just missing it before, but I wasn't seeing any Dynon comments on here about a year ago. We greatly appreciate and benefit from your oversight here.