Error in terrain file?

obertelsen

Can it be possible that there are an error in Europa tarrain file? SV-D700 write "File has Error " after 8% when he make Validating database Package, when I try to install Europa Pakage I have tried downloading the terrain file 2 times.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can you try copying it to a different USB stick? Or maybe try the USB stick in the back of the unit instead of the cable?

We have loaded the file on a unit here and it works fine for us.

obertelsen

Wery strange. I have 2 700unit and therefore 2 USB stick, I have tryed both and in different USB plug. I have talked with another Dane, he have no problem with terain file.
Is it possible that I miss some byte in the download process?
Is it possible to check the complete downloaded file?
Now the Unit write error in file when the install process reatch 24%.

obertelsen

I shift from Firefox to Explorer and do my 4. download. A little bit better, now I have File Error in Validating database Package when I reatch 64%!
But now I have a big problem, Corrupt or missing storage device. Please contact Dynon for recovery assistance!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Is the warning message staying there after a reboot or did it go away?

obertelsen

Congratulation Dynon(and Me) with a working unit, it must be an unstabile netconection far away from US! After 12 try for downloding, it succeded with 1 error-free file. Thanks for the help.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Congratulations!

A question for you: did you try downloading using just your Web Browser, or did you try using an FTP client?

[You may either click the link to download via your browser, or connect to ftp://ftp.dynonavionics.com with an FTP client (such as http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client) to download the files with resume capability.]

If you did not, you may find Filezilla (or similar) a better way to download, since it will make up for errors.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing 

obertelsen

I only try Explorer and Firefox, and make 12*2 downloads, 2 USB stick and 2 computers. It means 1 of 24 downloads was with succes. I could se I have error in different places, so I continuing on working with download.
I will use You'r suggestion in future.