European OACI Charts, Aerodrome diagram, Approach.

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
Hello,

I just read your last newsletter about the 7.0 release and I am very disappointed. Nothing for us in Europe...
I received, few months ago, this newsletter from Pocket Fms for French Pilot. It seems that they have some solutions for you. You already work with them for the Skyvew dataset, so perhaps it would be a good idea to continue with them for the European Charts ?

barbeau

I fuly support Andrieu's suggestion. Pocket FMS is offering a full service about VFR charts for europe. It means they have data. In france data are free for pilots. I don't no about commercial purpose.
From an other hand data comming from Pocket FMS would be very convenient for us (fulle package: nav data, ob data and charts from same supplier).

malko05

Indeed, it would be great if Dynon improves French maps, and European. I support this request.
I do not think it is very difficult, the data already exist in PocketFMS.
Thank you in advance

Pegaz

I love flying!
Hi guys,
maps of Spain, Italy and other countries are free also that the maps of North Africa and the West Africa.
PocketFMS, Skydemon, MGL do already and for free. Europe is an important market for Dynon, it should be possible .

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
PocketFMS and SkyDemon aren't free. They pay for data, and you pay to use that data with your subscription to their product.

I do not believe MGL has free data for any countries except the USA. If you have a link to free data for your country, we would be happy to know about it. Just because it is on the internet does not mean it is free, most data on the internet has a restriction about commercial use or downloading.

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
Here is the link for all aerodrome Charts in France. This is a public service and it is free for everybody without restriction.
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/frameset_aip_fr.htm

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
But I think the problem is not to know if it is free or not. Remember, we already pay 119€/year to have dataset from Pocket Fms. It will be great to have a paquage with OACI (IGN)Charts and Aerodrome Charts and Data set around 150 euros.