Feature request - digital video input ie HDMI

dzubot

I love flying!
I’d like to request support to plug in digital video inputs to view on the dynon SkyView. I currently use the USB to component/s-video adapter to display video from a FLIR ir camera for survey work. The company is upgrading the Flir camera to one now with DisplayPort video out. I’m unable to locate any converters that will adapt it to the current s-video dynon adapter. Would be very grateful to see support to plug in a USB to HDMI adapter to display video input from digital out signals.

Thank you

Rhino

DisplayPort is backwards compatible with HDMI and there are HDMI to s video converters out there. Have you checked into this avenue?

dzubot

I love flying!
I am going to try this. I have my doubts it will work as the camera already going from USB-c to display port, then. I’d be going from display port to HDMI to s video. That’s a lot of conversions but I will try it and write back on here if it works.

Bill Putney

Has anyone plugged their Dynon USB-Video converter into their computer and looked at what drivers it uses and what Product ID and Vendor ID it comes up with? There might be a compatible product out there that goes directly from USB to HDMI that will work. I suspect that the resolution would be confined by Dynon's software but very rarely do people make their own chips and the Dynon interface probably uses some chip supplier's chipset.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I haven't see any video devices in the last decade that want to use composite or S-Video as an interface. They want to use USB directly, Display Port, DVI, component or HDMI. Using a chain of converters and adapters seems like the wrong approach. It's bound to deliver poor results.

dzubot

I love flying!
Dynon any potential chance hdmi can be supported in the future?

I’d love to use my second skyview display for use with my computer when im flying mapping missions instead of having a separate third display in my tiny pipistrel.