firmware 16.6.0 thank you Dynon

andresmith76

I love flying!
I was flying with 16.6.0 today going through the AOA Stall calibration process. On the Dynon Software Update page listing the new changes for 16.6.0, I don't understand the statement "Angle of Attack indicator can now accept multiple calibrations for various flap positions."
During the process, I didn't see any option telling Skyview which position my flaps were set prior to or after each stall?
How does this upgrade differ from previous versions?

Stevec

The latest version of the installation manual suggests that when you enter the calibration you get a screen that allows you to set up a number of flap settings. Revision AO page 5-20. If it does not come up Dynon may have an idea why.

andresmith76

I love flying!
Thank you Stevec - I did see the AOA calibration wizard page (figure 58) but never saw AOA calibration page (figure 57), shown on 5-20.

Also - the Dynon web link to the redline version highlighting changes in 16.6 isn't working:

Marc_J._Zeitlin

Rhino

I didn't review it. I just fixed the link. My guess is they copied and pasted, and then forgot to update the number. Seen it many times before.

andresmith76

I love flying!
Thanks Rhino.

Does anyone know what the new feature "Menu option to allow drawing of certain icons on top of raster (“paper”) map layers" is all about?

In addition to the LEVEL & AP buttons now functional on the SV-AP-PANEL in Simplified mode, other buttons are also active (HDG, TRK, ALT, etc.)

dbuds2

I have the same issue, gone thru all the new pages for multiple calibrations, never see the 'slot' option for 0 and 20 degree flap stalls.

birddog486

I love flying!
Thanks Rhino.

Does anyone know what the new feature "Menu option to allow drawing of certain icons on top of raster (“paper”) map layers" is all about?

In addition to the LEVEL & AP buttons now functional on the SV-AP-PANEL in Simplified mode, other buttons are also active (HDG, TRK, ALT, etc.)
I haven't seen or completed the update yet but hopefully pireps will show when a sectional or IFR low chart is displayed.

swatson999

And once again, they updated the EMS definitions file but didn't include the Aithre CO sensor. This has been years I've been asking for this, and it seems like a dirt simple thing to add, but it never appears, meaning I have to manually edit the file *each time* and upload it separately.

Sigh.