FIRMWARE 5.1 SETTINGS

lindsayj

I just completed installing 5.1 on top of 4.0 using Method 1 (I think). Having done so I noticed I now had an old Av Data base: 5.0-1213, installed. I then went through a routine to install the new 1301 av database successfully, but now I'm wondering how to verify whether or not the new "Settings" file loaded? Can someone give me a clue as to how to do that? Thanks much...Jack L. :-[

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Look at the first line under SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR DEBUG DATA. The last block has the date the file was created here. The most current one should say ....2012-12-06

Edwardoc

I love flying!
I have customized EMS settings in my SV 1000 so opted to update to 5.1 over 4.0 using Method 2.  I am downloading using Safari on a MAC Pro.  The 5.1 firmware  fie downloads normally to my desktop and is a .exe file.  The only other file I think I need is the Warning/Alert Graphics file.  When I download it, it downloads as a text file and opens in my browser as all text.  The file name has a DFG.TXT appended to the file.  I deleted the .TXT leaving only the .DFG at the end of the file name and it then shows it as a .exe file so I thought I was ready to go.
The 5.1 file loaded normally and when it was finished, all is normal with the SV and I discovered I have Group Hardware 1.  When I went to install the Warning/alert graphics file, it shows it has "0" KB in the file.  I don't think this is a proper file.
Must I leave the .txt on the file to install?  As a .txt file my computer shows it to be a 2KB file.  None of the other download updates have ever downloaded as a .txt file and to open DFG files on the mac I have had to use a text editing program.
Must I even install the map graphics file at this time?  The display looked fine to me with just 5.1 installed. :cool:  Attached is the file name that downloads:   

Attachments

• map_graphics_text_update_dfg.txt
    755 bytes · Views: 142

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That's the right file, and if you remove the .txt extension (but leave the .dfg extension), you should have a file that SkyView will accept. You may be seeing a 0K files size due to whatever quirky way MacOS uses to compute file sizes for different file types.

The file isn't a program, per say. It really is "just a text file". But, it needs the .dfg extension so that SkyView understands that it's a file that it should try to load.

mashura

I was having a problem with my new Skyview downloading my new flashdrive with the 5.1 update. When I told Dynon Support, they said the problem was Safari. I installed Firefox and everything is now all OK with my Mac and Skyview!

Edwardoc

I love flying!
Mike647M: Thanks, that did the trick. I don't understand the difference in these browsers but the file in Firefox downloaded as a .dfg file and 755MB. It would not do that with Safari. Another mystery to ponder for me in the computer world. :-?

Edwardoc

I love flying!
It is 755 Bytes according to the file.  A little better huh I hope?  When it come up on the SV screen for install it says 0 bytes in the file and it loads instantly.  Is there any way to look at the files loaded to see if in fact it is installed? :)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The .dfgs are very small. <1k is correct for the map settings update that is on the download page currently.

jbeaver

I use Safari for all Dynon OS and data upgrades without any problems. The web browser doesn't modify the files you download, so it shouldn't matter which one you use.