Firmware update for autopilot

Jaque

I read that version 16.6 updated the autopilot to allow AP and level button on the AP head to function in simplified mode.
I did download 16.7 but cant recall if I did 16.6 before that. The AP button does not activate AP menu but the level button functions. Do I need to go back and reload 16.6?

Rhino

With the firmware change, the AP button on the SV-AP-PANEL in simplified mode is supposed to engage the autopilot itself, not the menu. So I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do.

Jaque

Sorry, I did mean that the AP won’t engage. I still have to access the menu to get it to engage.

Rhino

I'm no expert on the autopilot, particularly export mode. But the way I read it (I have nothing available to test), the panel AP button performs the same function as the AP button on the EFIS, to activate whatever autopilot mode is currently armed. However, the same autopilot modes are not available in both simplified and expert. For instance, pressing the AP button in expert engages roll mode by default, which apparently isn't available in simplified. That could be an issue, but maybe someone with a test article or more experience can chime in. What mode do you have armed in the top bar when you're pressing the button?

Jaque

Never got this sorted.
16.6 was supposed to allow the AP button on the AP head to function when in simplified mode. I never got this to work. Running 16.7 non the HDX now.
Can anybody help?