First flight - a few squaks

Cap_Ax

I know this is probably In the documentation but I am tired of reading :) I am hoping I can get some pointers to troubleshot installation issues VS configuration issues.
This is a Cessna Cardinal 180 Horse Lycoming 0-360

1) fuel flow seems too high 2.3 gl/hr on idle and 12.5 on cruising. My plane should be around 1.5 on idle and 10sh/hr on idle.

2) RPM is double what I should expect from my EME. (About 1400 on idle)

3) is there a way to see if my transponder and ADS-B are reporting? I went up for a few minutes and didn’t see any other airplanes on my screen and I know there were others in the pattern.

Radios, Altitude, airspeed and GPS data were right on point. Really neat to see our rural grass runway painted and with numbers on the screen 😂

thank you!

Last edited:

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
Regarding item 2: It partly depends on your configuration and you don't mention anything about engine or setup. For a regular setup the EMS controller gets pulses from the ignition system. In the configuration setting you will have to define how many pulses your system produces during one turn of the prop: SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION > TACHOMETER CALIBRATION see page 7-47 SkyView System Installation Guide - Revision AH. If you have a Totax setup then all is very different and I don't know

swatson999

Item 1...you have to *calibrate* the fuel flow. Yes, you'll have to read the manual on how to do this (it's simple, actually).

Item 3...there's an FAA email address that is used to get reports on ADS-B (and you should have had your transponder checked by a certified shop prior to first flight, right?). Sadly, you'll have to go to the FAA website and look it up. More reading. :(