Flight plan tracking

peetiethepilot

I love flying!
I have just installed the autopilot and it works great. One thing I notice is when it is tracking a GPS flight plan, the A/C goes well past the waypoint before the A/P picks up the next leg. Sometimes it will go 2-3 miles past.  ::)Is there a way to set up the D100 EFIS so the next leg is anticipated ahead of reaching the waypoint.
TIA

Peter  ::)

60av8tor

I think a little more info would help - especially what GPS is driving your AP, what is your full EFIS/AP setup?  I'm a Skyview user, but believe that you would need a certified GPS connected to an ARINC-429 module - in your case an HS34, I believe. 

Other than that, I don't believe you will get roll steering/turn anticipation which means you will fly over all your waypoints before the turn being initiated.  2-3 miles, however, is very extreme.

peetiethepilot

I love flying!
Jon
I have an EKP IV driving the D100 EFIS. It all works great but would like it to anticipate the turn. If not I will just live with it or manually it myself. 2-3 miles is the "overshoot" if the turn is 90 degrees or less.

Thx
Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When the system turns is a function of the GPS, not the autopilot. The GPS is what tells the AP to turn, so we can't anticipate in our software. All the AP follows is the HSI and course line, so if those aren't updated, we will just keep going straight. You should watch the HSI on the D100 and see when it changes, not just when you think the AP started to turn.

You'd need to work with Avmap to figure out why it doesn't sequence until after the point, and ask them if they would put turn anticipation in their software.