Floscan 201B Wiring

n223rv

I'm trying to wire up my floscan 201. The wiring schematic says to use pin 14 (input 1), pin 15 (+12v), pin 19 (input2). On my floscan, the wiring is red=+12v, black=ground, and white=signal.

I'm guessing pin 15=red, but how do I hook up the other 2 wires? Black to ground and white to input 1? Or other?

Thanks
-Mike

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep, and if you're using our harness, it will be red to red, black to black, and white to yellow.

rhunt

I am having trouble configuring the 201b in the ems settings. Seems that all that is available is the "red cube". Can anyone help

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep, just use the red cube setting, then adjust the k-factor down to the 30k range as indicated on your sensor tag.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Actually, nevermind that. The pin mapping screen only has a selection for "fuel flow" under the sensor type. Where are you finding a reference to the red cube in the product?

rhunt

Since the default set up was for two fuel inputs i assumed that it was for the red cube.  My Flowscan has a tag with a number similar to 167429?  the instruction in the set up for the d-180 said to input this data.  Now that I am trying to configure it in the Skyview......and the fact that first you say to use 30000 has me thoroughly confused. I would think that you intend for the second input pin  19?(from memory) should have all zeros.  Is this anywhere close to where this sensor should be set?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ok, the whole picture...

The new EI red cube sensors are functionally the same as the FloScans, except their K-factors are in the 60,000 range instead of the 30,000 range.

The dual fuel flow setup is an optional configuration that can be used by anyone that has a return fuel line and has a second fuel flow sensor to feed it. This a new capability unique to SkyView, customers with an EMS need to use the external Matronics computer. If you're not using the 2nd input, the pul/gal setting (K-factor) for the second set of pins is irrelevant and can be ignored because it won't be seeing any pulses anyway. So it's always subtracting "zero" from your single sensor.

The tag on your FloScan says 16-XXXX. To come up with the pul/gal number, add a zero to XXXX to make it XXXX0. That's ends up being a number between 29000 and 31000 usually - each sensor is individually calibrated by FloScan. Use that number as the pul/gal setting on the first fuel flow input (pin 14). If anything is connected to pin 19 (sounds like not in your case), it's always subtracted.

Hope that clears it up!