Font size in 3.2 curiosity

CBarber

While I did not have a problem with the fonts before even though I did feel they were a bit small, I like the new font size on the 700.  However, are you able to change the font size? Seems you should be able to toggle the old and new sizes at least. Scaling would really be great for customization If so I have missed it in the documentation.

Thanks for a great product as I hopefully approach my Velocity's (with rotary) first flight with more confidance with your product on board.  Your customer dedication has been the hallmark of my dedication (in addition to a continuing great product) since I first spoke with your reps at Osh in 2002.  Well done and thanks.

Chris Barber
Houston
Ellington Field
Velocity N17010

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The font size is not dynamic- you can't adjust it or program it.

It takes us days of work to change font sizes, since everything on the screen moves around a bit when you do it. Notice that most text is inside a box, and if you actually look at a screenshot of a screen with everything turned on (winds, HSI showing a localizer and glideslope, bugs, AOA, etc) you'll see that nothing can really grow without collisions. We have to design most things to fit on a 40% screen, not just the biggest layout.

We didn't keep the old layout. It's not just sizes- things on the screen moved, so keeping code and documentation up to date with the old stuff as we moved on didn't seem like it was worth it.

If you want to see anything changed, just let us know and we'll consider it. We're doing our best to react to the feedback of our customers.

CBarber

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I was missing something.

I guess it would be a bit too big a challange to make the instrument screen cutomizable like the engne screen is. No worries, it is a nice improvement, IMAO. I would rather y'all to focus on the Comms ;)

Yes, I agree, y'all do respond as well as any company I have delt with. Your continued efforts are appreciated. I just got your Engine monitor and am acutally kinda enjoy installing it.....so far.... :D

Chris Barber
Houston

PeterBain

So is it possible to adjust the font size for the CHT and EGT values as the present ones are minute?

CBarber

Surfboy, No, I do not believe so as to the font. I was referring to the widget sizing and placement.

Chris

PeterBain

Yes but the font is so small i am going to have to wear my glasses to see the numbers

cant we make the font bigger pleasse