Fuel calibration

JTD

I have one new D1000 that is installed in my soon to be finished airplane. I will be removing a older D1000 from my old plane and installing it in the co-pilot position. If I calibrate my fuel tanks using the new D1000 how do I remove the previous planes stored calibration from the older D1000. Which unit stores the data? Do I need to assign a primary / secondary priority to the units?

Thx
Tim

Raymo

I love aviation!
Upon installing the new D1000, it will copy the settings from the existing screen. You can then re-do the fuel calibration the way you did the first time.

JTD

Just to be clear on this.  If I do calibration using the new D1000 without the older unit installed, when I ultimately move the older unit to the new plane’s co pilot position, the new D1000 will transfer data and over write old airplanes calibration.  Is this correct? How does it know which screen has the correct data since both have calibrations stored in memory. Would really hate to have to do calibration twice

jakej

Yes.
Also save the calibration info, photo or screen shot. IF for any reason that there is a problen then at least you have the data, which can be re entered without having to do another cal.