Fuel computer quantity adjustment doesn't save after shutdown of display

bretdavenport

I have been wondering whats going on with D700 (Skyview Classic) it seemed for a while every time I would add fuel manually (fuel computer quantity adjustment) in the engine page I would turn the display off and when I'd come back to fly again it was back at the previous (before fueling) total. I don't have a fuel sending unit so no auto sensing. I have found through some trial and error if I added the fuel when the engine is running or run the engine after I make the fuel total change with out shutting down the display it saves for the next time.

Anyone else having this issue? I have tried to search for a similar issue on this forum and didn't find anything.

dougnlina

I love flying!
I seem to remember having this issue with an aircraft that I helped with. I want to say that it was related to the startup voltage. The buss voltage would drop too low due to the starter draw, one of the two displays (no backup battery) would drop off and reboot, and the other display (with backup battery) would stay on. I cannot remember exactly what we did to remedy the issue, but the fuel computer not retaining the new setting may have to do with the voltage fluctuation at startup. It was with an Odyssey 680 battery, we might have just needed a fresh battery?

D

Carl_Froehlich

This is a known problem. If you fill up the tanks, hit reset to full, taxi to the hangar it may forget you did the reset. If you fill up and go fly it is not an issue. It is all about how long a time between reset and power off.

Carl

rfazio1951

I was having the same issue a while back. After you fill and reset the tanks to full, and then you must accept. Shut it down using the power button on the screen. The left most button, hold till it shuts down. As I understand it, this causes the screen to save itself including the fuel level. You'll notice it takes a few seconds to shutdown. This is it saving. Later when you start it up again it will have the full tanks, or where ever you left them.

swatson999

This is a known problem. If you fill up the tanks, hit reset to full, taxi to the hangar it may forget you did the reset. If you fill up and go fly it is not an issue. It is all about how long a time between reset and power off.

Carl
I have a D1000T, not a 700, but I've never had any problems with exactly this process over nearly a decade now. Fill it up, accept it as Full when it pops up, taxi back to the hangar and shutdown by powering off the Master switch. Never an issue, ever.

bretdavenport

I narrowed it down to if the engine is running while I add the fuel in the fuel computer it saves it when I power off the master. If I turn on the master added the fuel then turn the master off it never saves even if you press "accept". Its frustrating but I now know the behavior so I'll deal with it. Just wanted to see if I was only one or not. Software testing is difficult.