Fuel flow indicator not working either!

N125YX

Now on to the next , and last skyview (operator) problem. The fuel flow sender. No indication.

System recognizes the device, set at 38000 pulses. Got the red cube, hooked up blk to GND, wht to the yellow wire from the harness to c37 pin 14, and the red wire is not connected. I think the latter is according to instruction, but since it doesn't work, I have to doubt myself.
Thanks. Mike

N125YX

Thanks. I thought I had it connected right via the Dynon instructions for the Jabiru engine (EMS C37), but I'll connect today, and see if magic happens!
Thanks
Mike

N125YX

Red wire was the problem! I used two different tables. The one specifically for the FT-60 says to use pin 15 Aux 12V, and the full C37 tables says NC for red, pin 15. So apparently I ran the wires using the first one because the red wire was right with the others at the connection to the cube, and then when it came time to connect, I referred to the other table, and just dead ended the red wire. One spade connector, and problem solved, thanks for the help. Now everything works, except I keep getting freeze ups on the D700, so I'll go post on that forum.
Mike

doncryer

RV-12 D180 AP74
Fuel flow indicator stopped working, FT-60 & D-180

I have a D-180 with a FT-60 in a RV-12 with 180hrs TT.  Settings are 99999 for the K factor and 7000 for return. My fuel flow readings just stopped, now reading 0 gph.  Inspected FT-60 for blockage and found none and the rotor seems to spin freely.  How do I trouble shoot to find the problem (wiring, FT-60, or D-180)?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That K factor is odd. Was that the value you knew it to be programmed it to before your readings stopped? However, it shouldn't go to zero even when set that high. But just as a first cut, try setting the K-factor to 68000, which is the default. Beyond that, I'd first make sure that you don't have a faulty connection. Sometimes an issue with the wire junction is fixed just by taking it a part and putting it back together. Make sure the red wire is carrying power (12ish V) and the black wire is a path back to ground.