Fuel FLow Measurement

alschief

I plan on using the Skyview Engine Management system.
with the UL Series Fuel Injected engine. The UL ECM provides an output signal in a duty cycle for Fuel used. They measure the time ( in %) that the injectors are open. When they are continue open 100% , the fuel flow is 48 litres/hour.
Can the Skyview EMS parameters be changed to allow this type of input to measure fuel cosumption? I do not want to put 2 fuel measuring devices to do this job.

Alan Smith
RV-12 Building
RV-6 Flying N495AB
KEOS

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately, this sort of sensor isn't compatible today. Though the hardware is theoretically capable, we don't have enough demand to add this compatibility as a feature. There are simple circuits out there that can convert duty cycle to frequency (which we can read - this is what our normal fuel flow sensors output), but we don't have a particular one to suggest.

alschief

This will be the first in a RV12. I am sure their will be more installations as this engine gains acceptance. This engine is also now the featured one for Zenith Aircraft. There are many other potential airframes that could use this engine.