Fuel pressure sender

funflying

I am doing the installation of my Rotax engine in an RV12 and have the Skyview package offered by Vans in route. One of the many things I have been reading about others experiences is with the fuel pressure sender. I was shipped a round barrel looking sender orginally used with the D180 system but others have posted purchasing a different sender from Dynon. This is a carb. Rotax and I saw a fuel pressure sender listed, 101690-000 Kavlico, 15psi, for carb. systems, and didn't know if this was the upgraded unit or a repeat of what I have. Do you know what sender Vans ships with their power plant kits?
Vans tells me the sender I have will work but the users have complained about irratic reads and felt the new senders alleviated the problems. I would like to have some better reliability since I am doing install work during construction. Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Vans is switching over to the Kavlicos. I'm not sure what the effective date of that switch over is - you'd need to touch base with Vans to get a firmer answer on that.

The older sensors work well for some, but aren't wonderfully reliable, and aren't wonderfully accurate at lower fuel pressures. The new ones are improvement on all fronts.

darrellpralle

I love flying!
Re fuel pressure sensor for rotax 912. I was sent p/n 101690 0-15 psi sensor, but reading instructions it seems that P/N 101715-000 0-5 psi sensor is the one I need for a gravity feed system. Help please. darrell pralle, building a 7 tri-gear.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Fuel pressure on a rotax is measured after the fuel pump. Minimum is 2.2 PSI and max is 5.8 PSI. Thus you need a 15 PSI sensor.