Fuel quantity

pborton

I love flying!
I've been happily flying behind a 10" Skyview in a Zenith 750 for just over two years. Friday morning, I pulled the plane out to head to the Mount Vernon LSA expo and noticed the fuel quantity was missing from my display. Widgets are still there, but no color indicating the level.

I went to ENGINE>FUEL and it displayed 18.8 gallons there. In the EMS setup, I checked the "debug" area and it shows values there, which change instantly by rocking the plane slightly.

What am I missing to get the pretty colors back into my fuel quantity widgets?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR SETUP > FUEL LEVEL

What are the ranges set to?

I've been happily flying behind a 10" Skyview in a Zenith 750 for just over two years. Friday morning, I pulled the plane out to head to the Mount Vernon LSA expo and noticed the fuel quantity was missing from my display. Widgets are still there, but no color indicating the level.

I went to ENGINE>FUEL and it displayed 18.8 gallons there. In the EMS setup, I checked the "debug" area and it shows values there, which change instantly by rocking the plane slightly.

What am I missing to get the pretty colors back into my fuel quantity widgets?

pborton

I love flying!
Max display 15 gal
Min display 0 gal
Show sensor units yes
Range one
Enable yes
Top 15 gal
Bottom 5 gal

Range 2
Enable yes
Top 5 gal
Bottom 2 gal

Range 3
Enable yes
Top 2 gal
Bottom 0 gal

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did you assign colors to each range?

It might be easier to record and post a screenshot. With a USB flash drive plugged in, push button 2+7 and it will record what's on the screen into an image file in a screenshot subdirectory on the USB flash drive.

Max display 15 gal
Min display 0 gal
Show sensor units yes
Range one
Enable yes
Top 15 gal
Bottom 5 gal

Range 2
Enable yes
Top 5 gal
Bottom 2 gal

Range 3
Enable yes
Top 2 gal
Bottom 0 gal

pborton

I love flying!
I do have colors assigned. Green, yellow, and red respectively. I forgot the thumb drive this morning.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Also, there should be a numerical number along with the picture. I'm guessing, if you're not getting a "red x" across the display, that you may be reading 0 / empty (ie, the bar is also empty, with no color showing). In that case, depending on the characteristic of your fuel level sender, that could mean your fuel level wire is either shorted or is broken. That doesn't quite fit with your description that you saw movement on the debug page though, admittedly.

pborton

I love flying!
I have a short video I took on Saturday morning of the debug screen and after I exit to the engine page that I can email. What's the best email to send it to?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
support at dynonavionics dot com would work best. Include a link to this thread so that our support team can link up that picture with this communications history.

pborton

I love flying!
Email sent. Let me know if there's any other info that will help. Thanks!