Fuel Remaining

DjAg5dosk2

I am just finishing my install. I elected to not use fuel level sensors, as such a possible basic question results. Where in the manual does it describe inputting a known fuel quantity at the start of each flight after dipping the tanks? The fuel remaining value is driven off the Floscan 201B FF data. I used this in the BMA E1 install on my F1 rocket and it works for me.

Have I overlooked the obvious in the manual? How can I put in fuel quantity manually and drive burn off FF?

Final second question, I am using 3 pulses per revolution on the IO540 for RPM values on left MAG and right LSE. Right? Wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Howard Rhodes

jakej

Howard - see this http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html Fuel Computer fuctions not enabled yet.

Jake J

flybuddy

The fuel computer is not ready yet but is in "process". I had same thought you did as fuel computer (once set) is highly accurate and fuel senders are notoriously inaccurate. I decided to hook up the tank senders when I noticed there was no fuel computation.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html

dtnelson

So, where is this function at? When will it be enabled?

This is a basic function, the same as all of the old "fuel totalizers" that have been on the market for several decades...

Thanks!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Fuel computer is in the 2.5 release which came out about 2 weeks ago. It does all the basic fuel totalizer functions, plus all the advanced ones such as MPG, fuel at waypoint, range, etc.

apkp777

How do you reset the fuel computer to zero. Somehow my fuel totalizer is at 150gls.

It's not in the manual that I can find.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Engine -> Fuel.

Also, page 5-4 of the SkyView user's manual.

You should also go into setup and tell the system how many gallons the plane can hold so you can't get such crazy numbers in the future.

malko05

Hello,

I have a problem with the fuel remaining on the 2.5 release.
The fuel flow indicate a correct value.
I set 90 L in the fuel remaining but it doesn't decrease, after a flight, the value is still 90 L !!

Do you have an idea ??

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Haven't heard of this before, but it sounds like there may be some kind of bug that we haven't discovered. A few questions:

The fuel computer may not be counting if oil pressure or tach aren't present. Are those working OK?

Does changing the fluid quantity units to gallons fix it?
Did you rename your fuel flow gauge to something other than the default, which is "MAIN"? If so, does changing it back to "MAIN" fix it (this shouldn't be it, we don't think)

malko05

The oil pressure and tacho are working well.

I forgot to tell you the item LTRS USED is working correctly, but LTRS REM don't change !!!

I try to change the name of the sensor fuel flow to MAIN (previously it was FUEL_F in the menu SENSOR INPUT MAPPING) and try to change uniy to gallon but nothing change.

any other idea, or for the next release ??

DjAg5dosk2

An obvious, but have you entered "accept" on the soft key on the bottom of the screen?  I am impressed with this feature.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ah, good point Howard. If you're looking at the fuel remaining pop-up, that's just meant for adding/removing fuel (and that may not change on-the-fly, I'm not certain). To see the readout of the currently calculated value, you need to add it in the Layout Editor. The different fuel flow informational items are under the INFO button.

malko05

Concerning the layout, I do my own and insert via INFO the LTRS USED and LTRS REM on the main page. I can see those information all the time. Then during a flight The LTRS USED value increase normally, TIME REM value is ok , but the LTRS REM value didn't change !!! I confirm I try different value, I try with unit GALLON or LTRS, I confirm with ACCEPT button, I try to change the name of the INFO GAUGE, I try to change the TOTAL FUEL CAPACITY in the AIRCRAFT INFORMATION menu..... !!!

Am I the only one to have this problem ?

I use the EIFT-60 red cube, with K=68000
The plane is a VL3 AKEKO bought in Belgium last month.

Maybe I have to re-install the 2.5 release ? Is there a way to check the program integrity ?

Thank you for helping me ...

Hans

Hi,
on my FK-12 Comet I have exactly the same problem. Al suggestions
on how to solve it don't work on my SkyView with sofware 2.5.
There seems to be a bug.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like there may indeed be a bug, but this feature is known to work for most people. So there must be something in your EMS setup (either a sensor or other configuration setting) that may be causing it to not decrement. Without your help, though, this is the sort of bug that is hard to track down the cause of. A few more questions:

What kind of engines do you have?
Have you changed any of the sensors in the pin mapping to non-default values? Either to a different sensor type, or moving the pins? (This is allowed, but still may be the cause)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A couple more questions:

- Are you running multiple screens? If so, do both screens exibit the problem? Does removing one screen from the network (turn it off) fix the problem?
- Can you send a backup of your settings files (do a settings backup, send us the ALL file) to support at dynonavionics dot com, with a link to this thread in your email.

Hans

I'm using a Wankel Rotary engine 814 TGI. Of course I did some changes on the sensor setting. Don't know the details by heart, but I'll get a backup file as soon as possible.
There is only one sreen connected.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
One other thing - is your oil pressure named something other than "oil"? That's another requirement the system has to use a pressure as the "official" oil pressure measurement, which is needed to calculate fuel flow.

malko05

Hello,

In my case I run only one screen.
The engine is a Rotax 912 ULS.
The pin mapping for fuel flow is pin 14, the default pin.

I send you the config file via email.

I'll check tomorrow the oil pressure name.
thanks