Fuel tank reminder

NASA515

I love flying!
Since going to 14 (I'm on 14.2 now), I keep getting incessant "Switch fuel tanks" messages.  I dove into the Ops Manual and Instl Manual and have covered all bases (I think.)  But the reminders continue unabated.  I only have one tank.  This never happened before.  Something changed.

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G

Carl_Froehlich

Page 70-71 of the install manual covers this.
Carl

FUEL TANK REMINDER – SkyView can be configured to alert the pilot to switch their fuel tanks at a set time or fuel usage interval (based on the fuel computer’s fuel calculations). When enabled, it will periodically annunciate a “Switch Fuel Tank” alert message and audio alert. There is no visible counter for this timer. To configure this feature, set FUEL TANK REMINDER to either TIME or QUANTITY. Then, set the resulting FUEL REMINDER TIME or FUEL REMINDER AMOUNT setting to the desired reminder interval.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bob, not sure why the upgrade would have turned this on for you, but Carl is right and you can go in and turn this off.

skysailor

While we are on the subject it would be a nice improvement if the Switch Tanks reminder did not reset at power down. Better yet, perhaps we could choose if the reminder reset at power down or only after fuel added. Would be an improvement to the existing feature.

TJRV8

Thanks
Mine does not reset on power down. Not sure of my settings, but it gives me a audio and message warning every 30 minutes to switch tanks. Have never had to reset it in the past year or two of flying behind the Skyview.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
He doesn't mean it needs to be "turned on" each flight. What SkySailor means is that it would remember the fuel state across power cycles.

If you had a timer that went off every 5 gallons, and you shut off with 4 of those 5 used, the next time you powered on it would go off after 1 gallon, then every 5 after that.

Right now, if you have it set to 5, it goes off every 5 since boot, even if you had just used 4 before, thus going 9 gallons between switches.

n223rv

Dynon got my meaning. Would be a great option!

I agree, I'd love to have the fuel used saved between flights. Especially since most of flying appears to be short flights lately!