Fuel widget position

Jaque

Hi. I see that in the HDX the fuel quantity widgets are arranged with the right tank on the left and the left tank on the right. They are reading correctly but I would like to reverse the position. Can I assume that you do this using the engine ribbon customization feature somewhere?

jakej

You can move the widgets side to side & up or down, just select them in the menu list, press accept & change style/size etc as you wish. Just read the screen & carry out the required actions to finish.

Markf

I love flying!
I have the same problem and can’t swap the position also !

Jaque

Check the Dynon display videos out. That’s where I found the info.

GKC Aviation

I have had to change these over on three HDX installations.
Seems like the luck of the draw, some are the right way around, others not.
At least I know to look for it now :)

Jaque

Seems Dynon has the default at the opposite of what you’d expect but at least it’s an easy change.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
We did change this quite a while ago, so we are curious when you got the displays. This shouldn't be an issue any longer and we want to make
sure.

GKC Aviation

We did change this quite a while ago, so we are curious when you got the displays. This shouldn't be an issue any longer and we want to make
sure.
I installed two new 10" HDX's last week and they were around the wrong way.
Serial numbers 35037/8

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I installed two new 10" HDX's last week and they were around the wrong way.
Serial numbers 35037/8
So did you load any of our EMS setup files? I need to track down where this is coming from so we can fix it again.

Markf

I love flying!
sure.
Received them about June 2021 serial #14176 and #14184

rjones560

Still no luck ! Can’t find where to swap them 🤔
Go to Setup (buttons 7&8) then EMS and select which display mode you want to edit (100%, 50%, or bottom band). I suspect this is bottom band mode because mine was reversed in that mode also. You can select either instruments or info to edit. Select instruments and select a fuel gage. Once selected you can use one knob to track the gauge vertically and the other to track horizontally. When you have it where you want it select save. Do the same to move the other fuel gauge. You can move anything you want in this mode as well as change the size of instruments.

I have modified my 100% display mode extensively because that’s the one I use the most. I even changed the font size of some of the numbers displayed. I noticed the fuel gauge problem in bottom band mode after I had been flying awhile because I rarely use it.

Markf

I love flying!
Go to Setup (buttons 7&8) then EMS and select which display mode you want to edit (100%, 50%, or bottom band). I suspect this is bottom band mode because mine was reversed in that mode also. You can select either instruments or info to edit. Select instruments and select a fuel gage. Once selected you can use one knob to track the gauge vertically and the other to track horizontally. When you have it where you want it select save. Do the same to move the other fuel gauge. You can move anything you want in this mode as well as change the size of instruments.

I have modified my 100% display mode extensively because that’s the one I use the most. I even changed the font size of some of the numbers displayed. I noticed the fuel gauge problem in bottom band mode after I had been flying awhile because I rarely use it.