Furl Pressure Problem Fixed

Cliffy

Had my fuel pressure reading 9 to 14 psi since I got the plane back from the installer. I have a 180 HP engine with carb
The fuel pressure should be around 5 psi
Dug deep into the set up of sensors and found that the fuel pressure sensor was charted as a 30 psi gauge!
Reset everything to the standard 15 psi sensor and widgit readings and now I'm showing the correct pressures
Hope this helps someone else.

RNicholson

Had my fuel pressure reading 9 to 14 psi since I got the plane back from the installer. I have a 180 HP engine with carb
The fuel pressure should be around 5 psi
Dug deep into the set up of sensors and found that the fuel pressure sensor was charted as a 30 psi gauge!
Reset everything to the standard 15 psi sensor and widgit readings and now I'm showing the correct pressures
Hope this helps someone else.

Hi,

Do you remember where you found these settings?

I'm having the opposite problem. My fuel injected Lycoming is indicating 8psi, when it should be closer to 35psi. When I disconnect the new sensor and reconnect my old analog gauge it reads properly. In the settings I can only see where to configure the color arc on the display.

Thanks

RV8JD

Hi,

Do you remember where you found these settings?

I'm having the opposite problem. My fuel injected Lycoming is indicating 8psi, when it should be closer to 35psi. When I disconnect the new sensor and reconnect my old analog gauge it reads properly. In the settings I can only see where to configure the color arc on the display.

Thanks

Not sure about "Certified" systems, but for "Experimental" systems you can select the correct sensor via the Sensor Input Mapping page. Below is an example where I picked the correct Kavlico fuel pressure sensor awhile back when I updated to the newest Kavlico fuel and oil pressure sensors. Obviously, you need to pick the sensor that is installed in your airplane.

The selection screen looks like this. You may have to scroll down to find the right sensor. Don't pick the "DIFF" sensor!

i-B5kc3kB-M.png

After selecting the new sensors:

i-B4KdTP8-M.png

Last edited:

RNicholson

Not sure about "Certified" systems, but for "Experimental" systems you can select the correct sensor via the Sensor Input Mapping page. Below is an example where I picked the correct Kavlico fuel pressure sensor awhile back when I updated to the newest Kavlico fuel and oil pressure sensors. Obviously, you need to pick the sensor that is installed in your airplane.

The selection screen looks like this. You may have to scroll down to find the right sensor. Don't pick the "DIFF" sensor!

After selecting the new sensors:
I bet that's the problem. I probably picked one with less range.

Thanks !