Garmin 430 429 integration

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I have a Skyview 10" classic and Garmin 430 non Waas. During the test screen on the 430, the Skyview HSI displays the CDI offset from center. But, there is no glideslope indication. I've had the 429 wiring tested and confirmed that I didn't fat finger the pin numbers. The 430 just returned from the shop where the VOR/ILS side was tested on the bench, everything checked out.

I'm wondering if there is a configuration setting I missed. The wiring is as defined in the installation guide and as stated above has been tested by an avionics shop familiar with Skyview and the 430.

Since this is during the 430 test on startup, any irregularities with my antenna should not be a factor. Looking for Ideas on a strategy for testing and identifying the problem.

Thank you,

Michael Z.

skysailor

The first thing to check is the HSI Source on the Skyview is set to your 430 when it is powered up.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I have the HSI source set to the 430. It is showing the deviation on the CDI but not the vertical deviation sent from the 430 test screen.

Thx,

Michael Z.

skysailor

Non WAAS 430 will show the glideslope deviations during the boot up test sequence since it has ILS capability.

jakej

You know this, right ? -
HSI source Gps = Magenta color
HSI source Nav/LOC/ILS = Green color
Same applies whether it's WAAS or non WAAS.