Garmin GPS175 Install

Hi all,

So I've installed a Garmin GPS175 and wired it to the SV-ARINC-429 as per the attached pic.

Is there any 'alert audio' to be wired through to the SV-INTERCOM?

What about ADS-B IN? Or is this through the ARINC ports?

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.42.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.42.59 PM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 482

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Audio alerts come from the audio outputs from the SkyView display. We don't send traffic to the 175 at all.
BTW: on a more important note, the wiring diagram you posted is wrong and will not work. Here is a correct
diagram.
175_355.PNG

Awesome thanks. Yeah I wasn't confident with the other diagram your team sent me but I thought it was just a typo and that the port numbers would be correct.

Frank3

I'm installing a Garmin GPS175 with HDX system, including ARNIC (of course), AP panel, dual comm panels, a PS Engineering intercom (PDA360EX) and would like to include a Go Around button.

I'd greatly appreciate someone directing me to specific references (page and or fig) in Garmin and Dynon documents that provide pinouts/guidance for the interfaces. The above post provides the ARNIC interface--THANKS. I see where the Garmin Go Around pin is #36, which I assume would go to a momentary connect button, which I also assume would need to connect to the Dynon system somehow.

Thanks much in advance!

Raymo

I love aviation!
The TO-GA button only needs to connect to the 175. It will feed info to the EFIS/AP to perform the TO-GA actions. And yes, it is a momentary button, ideally on the stick grip (like the PTT).

d3mac123

The TO-GA button only needs to connect to the 175. It will feed info to the EFIS/AP to perform the TO-GA actions. And yes, it is a momentary button, ideally on the stick grip (like the PTT).
Started looking at this now and I am wondering what is pin 27 in the D37 harness, that says (optional external GO AROUND button). Is it needed or not. I was planning to wire it with one of my joystick buttons but now I got confused if I need to connect it with the GPS175 directly. Thoughts?