General discussion

jhm

Hi Dynon, I live in Australia we only have 1090 MHz adsb and I am interested in installing adsb in only on my skyview. I also have a Garmin 330 transponder. can you sugest the most economical system I can install to achieve this as all I want is to have traffic. Thanks

jakej

DS, this is yet another call out for ADSB 1090 IN.  The rest of the world uses it  :)

As you know we don't have WX, Nexrad & XM available here (never will without paying huge amouts for it, including the cost of equipment) etc, so it would be nice if you hurry up & do it  ;)

rvator51

I was really hoping this would be announced at this years Oshkosh flyin. I have pretty much given up on Dynon providing this enhancement anytime soon. I got a Stratus and Foreflight to display traffic and weather on an Ipad mini which works pretty good for me.

carlp101

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!
Guys,

I have built a Pilot Aware system that receives ADSB signals from other aircraft and outputs the data to my SV D1000T via a serial in port configured for FLARM (if my memory serves me correctly). They are drawn on the synthetic vision display and moving map. I also receive visual and audible traffic alerts from the D1000T unit based on this information. It works really well. I see aircraft 60+ miles away. I would have thought you'd be able to use it in your country. If aircraft are transmitting ADSB on 1090 you'd receive it.

See:
http://www.pilotaware.com
http://pilotawarehardware.com

All the best.
Carl

luisfpg

Hi, I also have purchased the PilotAware but I could not connect it well, always tells me "out of line". you tell me how you've programmed the Pilot aAware and the SkyView to do it myself as.?I need details of programming in PilotAware and SkyView.Many thanks and greetings. Luis Palacín.

luisfpg

Hi, I also have purchased the PilotAware but I could not connect it well, always tells me "out of line". you tell me how you've programmed the Pilot aAware and the SkyView to do it myself as.?I need details of programming in PilotAware and SkyView.Many thanks and greetings. Luis Palacín.
@ Carl

@ Carl

Robski

Hang on! I've got an idea!

There's at least one thread on this on the PilotAware forum:
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,819.msg9849.html#msg9849

Not tried it myself as I don't have a SV (got a D100/120/AP74 system) but I can say that the PilotAware (PAW) product is pretty good.
I use PAW with SkyDemon.