General Observations & Questions

PeterBain

I have recently acquired my Skyview and loving it :)

Q:
1.Before i start up should i start the SV from the backup battery by pushing 1 or should i start up from the Main Battery on the aircraft?
2.I am getting an incorrect reading all of a sudden on Cross Winds so should i reboot to rectify 1.2 & 5.
3.If one reboots does it change any previous settings?
4.I am amazed at the pic i get on my SV terrain which shows the Runway Lines exactly as they are almost as if there was a camera)How does SV do this? At first i got a shock as i thought my screen was packing up!! as i saw these white lines appearing!! :-?

Your comments would be appreciated

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
1. No need to "pre-start" the Dynon. Simply flicking the master power switch is fine.
2. Rebooting wouldn't fix an erroneous wind indication, though not well calibrated mag heading could cause winds to be off.
3. Basically, no. Small things like bugs and other things that you can change all the time like screen layouts only get saved to non-volotile memory every few minutes, but that's nothing that would matter settings-wise. Exit the Setup Menu before rebooting though. It does a complete save of those sorts of settings at that time.
4. Magic.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
4<alternate answer>. A database of runway endpoints, lengths, and widths (from the aviation data source you've loaded on SkyView) superimposed on the 3d terrain database.

paxhia

When I started my engine today my skyview screen without a backup battery went black while booting up. Then the screen display was verticle lines. I rebooted three times and had the same result, no display only lines. About 5 minutes later the system rebooted on its own and came alive as normal. What is up with this, do I need to worry, should I add another backup battery, any thoughts?

mmarien

Murray M.
My SV reboots on engine start when I don't have the backup battery attached.

There was issues with software versions prior to 3.2 and and the backup battery so make sure you have the latest software.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What version of SkyView software are you running? Generically, without a backup battery connected, a display may reboot during engine start (as voltage can dip below SkyView's operating limits), but it shouldn't get stuck on the lines. How long did you watch the lines on the display before you rebooted? More than a few seconds?

paxhia

I'm running 3.2 and I only waited a few seconds before rebooting. Went out today and normal start and bootup. No problem I think your correct the pull down of the battery on start may be the issue.

Cloudhopper

I love flying!
Had my SV700 fail to boot today. Black screen, vertical lines, flashing at 10 s period. Unable to reboot (1,2,5). Software 3.2. Tried both with battery and ship power. Decided to fly home on steam guages. 10 minutes into the flight, unit came on. After landing, multiple power cycles, and all was fine. Took off again, flew for 45 minutes. Landed at distant airport for lunch. 45 minutes later, system wouldn't start. 10 minutes into flight, screen was uniform purple. Power cycled avionics master, system came online. After landing at home airport, multiple resets all worked fine, however, between logo and text boot screen, two white flashes of screen that I don't recall seeing before. After putting aircraft away, tried one more time, and system would not start.

SV700 software 3.2
AHARS, GPS and mode S transponder.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Give us a call so we can help you troubleshoot further. That does sound like a hardware issue with the display though.